Announcement regarding industrial experts for FP7
EBE would like to inform you that the European Commission is seeking to reinforce the pool of industrial expertise for Health FP7 evaluation
- The Health Directorate in EC DG Research is currently seeking top industrial/scientific experts to support the selection of the best 7th Framework Programme (FP7) proposals
- If you are a scientist working in the healthcare industry (large or small company), you can enrol yourself as an expert evaluator for Research Activities of FP7
The European Commission would like to draw your attention on the following:
- FP7 proposals are selected through a peer review system, where top experts in the fields of the proposals being evaluated are involved in a fair and transparent assessment of the submitted proposals that follows the EC rules for evaluation, selection and award procedures.
- Being an expert evaluator for Research Activities of FP7 is a useful experience to understand the EC evaluation system and it is generally considered very valuable. Compensation is foreseen both for time and expenses.
- In the selection of experts for evaluation, the Commission services have to follow strict rules to avoid conflicts of interest. In addition, the panel of experts invited to evaluate the proposals should represent a fair cross-section of the research communities, respect gender balance and assure pertinent and complementary competences (at present, industrial expertise needs to be reinforced). In addition, the number and profile of invited experts will depend on the number and the content of the received proposals. Therefore there is no certitude to be invited.
The European Commission believes that a well-balanced evaluation group should include industrial expertise. Consequently, the impact of SMEs or industrial participants on the proposed research activities and the plan for future valorisation of the research outcome will be realistically appreciated during evaluations.
To apply, check the website: https://cordis.europa.eu/emmfp7
As the database is very broad, to avoid missing an opportunity, you are advised to also signal your registration by e-mail to Ludovica Serafini, the officer responsible for SMEs & Innovation in RTD Health Directorate (Ludovica.Serafini [a-t] ec.europa.eu), mentioning your expert number and providing a short version of your CV.